BCYLA Rule Changes for 2017 Show
1. Effective with 2018 show, each exhibitor is limited to the sale of one (1) animal per species with a maximum of two (2) sale lots from multiple species. The sole exception is halter and commercial steers. An exhibitor will be allowed to sell two (2) beef projects, but only one (1) from the halter steer division and one (1) from the commercial steer division.
a. Summary of change- Starting with 2018 show, an exhibitor may only sell one lot from each species with the exception of steers.
2. Subset #1
1) Market Steers (2017)
2) Market Goats
3) Market Barrows
4) Market Lambs
Grand Champion steers will remain as the first lot in the sale and the other three Grand champion species in Subset #1 will rotate in order every year. Reserve champions would mirror the order of the Grand champions. The remaining sale lots will maintain the same rotation as prior year’s sales.
a. Summary of change- Grand champion steers will consistently start the sale, the remaining Grand champion species would rotate. Species in Subset #2 will retain the current rotation.
1. Entry of only one (1) pen per exhibitor will be accepted. This one (1) pen will consist of three (3) steers, with a minimum of two (2) steers weighing 1,050 pounds or more.
a. Summary of change- The 3% tolerance has been eliminated.
2. Each steer must weigh 1,050 pounds to be eligible to compete. Only steers making the 1,050 weight will be eligible for points and sale. Steers weighing more than 1,450 pounds will be allowed to show, but there will be a two (2) point deduction, per steer, from the total points awarded for the steer grading category.
a. Summary of change- Only steers making the minimum 1,050 weight will be eligible for points and sale.
b. Summary of change- Steers weighing more than 1,450 will be deducted 2 points per steer instead of 2 total points.
3. Only steers grading select or higher will be eligible to sell. Animals found to be non-merchantable by show authorities will not be sold. Sixty percent (60%) of the commercial steer pens arriving at the show will be sold, with a minimum of eighteen (18) pens selling.
a. Summary of change- Animals found to be non-merchantable by show authorities will not be sold.
b. A minimum of 18 pens sell, up from the previous 15.
2. An entry will consist of a pen of three (3) rabbits weighing between three and a half (3 ½) and five and a half (5 ½) pounds each . . .
a. Summary of change- Weight limits changed from the previous 3 to 5# to 3 ½ to 5 ½#